Every dieters nightmare

Every dieters nightmare

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 6 : continued..

Technorati - I can see that this would be a really useful tool for those people who are addicted to blogging and reading other people's blogs. The popular search introduces an element of surprise into the mix and was how I found the following film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JynBEX_kg8

Now I finally know what my cats are saying! I found over 5900 posts when doing a search on Learning 2.0 but when I put it inside quote marks it dropped to 1108. Which just goes to show that knowing search skills is still valuable - long live librarians! (just not on TV).

I very much enjoyed hearing the podcast from Chris Batt's visit, (he's the Chief Executive of the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council in the United Kingdom), especially while I was walking along the beach! I sometimes wonder about the future of lirbaries and librarians given the explosion of the interent in the last 10 years so it was great to hear some positive thoughts from someone in a key position. Listen to it too!
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/multimedia/audio/vicnet/batt_web_2.0.mp3

No comments: